TIPS FOR NATURALLY BEAUTIFUL SKIN
Not sure what to look for when choosing cosmetics? Need some advice ontaking care of your skin? Here are eleven tips to help your skin look andfeel it's best.
1) The first step in helping your skin to look and feel it's best is to beginwith your diet. Drinking lots of fresh water every day, and eating fruits,vegetables and foods rich in vitamins and nutrients are all essential forhealthy skin.
2) Select moisturizers made with vegetable oils. The lotions, creams andbody oils that you use should be made with vegetable oils, not mineral oil.Vegetable oils, (like olive oil, sweet almond oil, corn oil, etc.) containfatty acids which help to moisturize and soften the skin. Mineral oil isderived from petroleum and does not contain anything that helps to nourishthe skin.
3) Choose products that contain natural, gentle essential oils. Essentialoils are oils that are derived from the roots, flowers, stems, leaves andother parts of plants. Many essential oils are antiseptic and bactericidal,and are a natural alternative to the synthetic compounds found in manycosmetic products. For example, grapefruit essential oil (scientific nameCitrus x paradisi) has been found to stimulate hair growth, french lavenderessential oil (scientific name Lavandula angustifolia) has been found tohelp combat dandruff, and tea tree essential oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)has been found to help clear up acne.
4) Wash your skin with cold-processed soap. Cold-processed soaps containlarge amounts of glycerin. (Glycerin is a humectant and helps the skin toretain moisture). As a result cold-processed soaps are kinder to the skinand less drying than soaps made with other methods.
5) Once a week soak your feet in warm water, and gently exfoliate dead skinwith a pumice stone. Follow up by moisturizing your feet with a naturalfoot oil or foot lotion.
6) Every week soak in a tub of bath salts. Salt, especially salts mined fromthe Dead Sea in the Middle East, are rich in minerals and help drawimpurities out of the skin.
7) After a shower or bath, seal in moisture by using a body oil or lotionmade from natural vegetable oils. Water is a wonderful moisturizer, andsealing it in with a body oil or lotion will help to keep your skin smoothand soft.
8) Before you go to sleep at night, wash your face to remove makeup and anyresidue left on your skin. If you have dry skin moisturize your face with arich natural face oil or cream. Your skin will look and feel much better inthe morning.
9) Look for toners and astringents that are made without ethyl alcohol,rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol. These ingredients are solvents thatare extremely drying to the skin.
10) Every time you wash your hands, moisturize them with a natural lotion orcream to help them stay soft.
11) Consider making some of your own skin care products. Cosmetics that youmake yourself will contain only the ingredients that you choose, notingredients that someone else has chosen for you.
Written by: Ololade Franklin
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|