MOSQUITO BARRIER Keeps Mosquitos Out of Your Yard for 2 Weeks and More
NATURE'S OWN SOLUTIONS The Most Effective, Organic and Non Toxic Insect Control Products. For Home, Yard, Kids & Pets.
NO FEATHERS PLEASE Organic Cotton Dust Mite Barries, Comforters, Pillows, Mattresses, Futons
ONLY NATURAL PET STORE Natural Flea Control, Insect Repellent and More for Dogs and Cats
SOLAR FLAIR LIGHTING Solar Powered Humane, Effective Control of Nuisance Animals for Buildings, Waterfront Areas
Make Your Own Bug Repellent
Herbal Insect Repellent
• 2 ½ teaspoons essential oil (any combination of basil, cedar, citronella, juniper, lemon, myrrh, palmarosa, pine, rose geranium, rosemary)
• Few drops peppermint essential oil (optional, for fragrance)
• 1 cup grain alcohol (eg vodka)
• Mix ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. If you like, you can transfer small amounts into smaller bottles that can easily fit in a backpack or purse. Experiment. Various oils best complement different body chemistries.
Essential Oil Bug Spray
• 9 drops citronella essential oil
• 9 drops peppermint essential oil
• 9 drops lemongrass essential oil
• 1 tablespoon grain alcohol (vodka)
• ¼ cup spring water
• Add all ingredients to a spray bottle. Let mellow for a few days, allowing the essential oils to blend. Spray on skin as needed or use as room spray (around windows and doors) to keep mosquitoes away.
Clove, cedar, vinegar and hot, soapy water can repel ants, flies and moths.
Neem oil as a powerful, all-natural plant for warding off pests (natural pesticide).
Non-Toxic Pest Control Tools
Non-toxic pest management tools are those methods, products and techniques that do not put human health and the environment at risk. Simple changes in your environment can significantly reduce pest populations. Before reaching for a pesticide, monitor the pest population, make structural repairs, use proper sanitation inside and outside, and modify the pests' habitat. Any openings that pests are using to access the structure should be caulked, screened or repaired. Some outdoor pests are attracted to spilled greasy or sugary liquids, improperly stored garbage, untended pet foods or explosions of naturally-occurring food sources like aphids or scale infestations on nearby plants. Efforts to eliminate food sources may eliminate pest problems.
Shop by Keywords Above or by Categories Below.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|