1. Soy is the "Most Nutritious Food Known to Man."The oxygen/nitrogen base of soy most approximates that of a humanbeing -- we are carbon-based life forms and exchange nitrogen/oxygen.That is why soy can be plowed under the ground and the same cropscan be grown on the same land for years; it enriches the soilso completely.
2. Cultures that consume soyfoods regularly as theirmain source of protein live an average of 19 to 21 years longerthan cultures and groups of people that do not. Here in the UnitedStates, the Seventh Day Adventists' longevity has been a sourceof study for decades. They eat soy regularly.
3. It is estimated that 70 percent of us have a blood sugardisorder (diabetes and hypoglycemia are normally not diagnosedfor 7-10 years, after internal organs have become fatigued, aswe have no test to pinpoint it sooner). Only soy fiber has beenshown to lower diabetic blood sugar levels for hours followinga meal -- no other fibers have this positive effect.
4. Only soy has been shown to prevent and treat chronicdiseases such as heart, cancer (soy consumption has been linkedto lower rates of lung, breast, prostate, and colon cancers),osteoporosis,* kidney, diabetes, liver, (soy detoxifies the liver),arthritis, and even eliminate or greatly reduce menopause andpms symptoms. Premarin, taken for menopause, can cause strokes.Soyfoods help prevent stroke. Soy is good for the brain, liver,and kidneys.
5. Soy is a complete protein (having all of the essentialamino acids needed to sustain human life) and does not cause kidneystress and excess calcium usage, as animal proteins do. In orderto assimilate ANY animal protein the kidneys have to work hard,and it takes 50% or more calcium to breakdown the animal proteins,hence the high rate of bone related diseases and fractures amonghigh animal-consuming cultures. Soy delivers calcium to the bones,increasing bone density.
6. Soy boosts immunity. Studies show that soybean peptidescan boost the immune system, which helps the body fight disease.
7. Quality soy fiber products contain much needed tracevitamins and minerals normally not present in many of ourfoods today. Eating soyfoods have been shown to be of benefitin detoxifying the liver, clearing up bronchitis and nasal congestion,relieving stomach cramps, healing stomach ulcers, and reducingallergic reactions.
8. Soy contains important antioxidants called "isoflavones,"compounds which protect cells from damage caused by "freeradicals" -- dangerous unstable oxygen molecules. These freeradicals are believed to be responsible for many forms of diseaseincluding cancer and premature aging.
9. Soy is rated as tops on the anti-aging foods list.Soy helps soften, tighten and replenish skin, helping to preventdry and wrinkled skin, and to restore a youthful "glowing"complexion. Plus soy is good for weight loss -- soy builds muscleand burns fat. Soyfoods with fiber provides fullness without fat.And we all have to watch our weight as we age.
10. Alzheimer's disease -- Soy is a natural estrogen-- 472 post-menopausal women reduced their risk of contractingthe disease by 54 precent with estrogen. Soy lecithin is an importantsource of phospholipids-phosphatidyl serine, which improve memory,concentration and mood, and has been shown to be the only nutrientproven to partially reverse age-related memory loss.
Shop by Keywords Above or by Categories Below.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|