GRIEVING WHILE STAYING GREEN
The grieving family will need help for a month or more. Many times the house is full of people and then they stop coming by as time goes by. The family will need support and resting.
1. The greatest idea is bringing over “comfort clothes” like pajamas. Not only are the soft and comfortable, they will be useful for years to come. Wearing them is therapeutic because PJ’s are mentally connected to rest.
2. Stop by and bring biodegradable trash bags, recycled toilet paper, plates, utensils and cups made from potatoes (Taterware).
3. Make a CD with soothing music, and light a soy aromatherapy candles
4. The first few days food and finger foods are easy. Although it might be beautiful to receive fruit bouquets, in reality, they only last a day or two before they are discarded. Fruit salad in a reusable container is a better choice. Another idea is to bring soups or casseroles all of which can be frozen in a reusable container for a later date.
5. Depending upon your relationship, stop by and just BE there and make a hanging door sign saying “quiet time” on one side and “resting” on the other. This will be a signal whether or not friends should stop by.
6. Clean up the inevitable mess in the kitchen using biodegradable sponges and scrubbers that you leave in the house for future use.
7. Do a load or two of laundry.
8. Take dogs for walks. Make sure all pets have food, water, and exercise. Pets are aware of the sadness so bring a few play toys or treats.
9. Depending upon the age of the children bring a video, puzzle, coloring books with soy crayons, a tree-free journal
10. that older kids can write using a recycled and biodegradable pen. their thoughts or poems, small children love stickers, short books that have a inspirational messages.
11. Make donations to meaning charities.
12. Sort through mail and separate it into categories.
13. Do not be afraid to ask “How are you doing”, “Is there anything I can get for you” But saying “ They are in a better place” provides no comfort. The family wants to have their loved ones back home.
Shop by Keywords Above or by Categories Below.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|