GUIDE TO GREEN BUILDINGS
This guideline contains an overview of what makes a GreenBuilding work with the environment, and in favor of consumer health, comfort andeconomy. This listing is only to be used as a general guide since there arenumerous specific technical considerations, that are used by building industryprofessionals to meet such criteria, that could not be included here forbrevity.
1. Emphasize the four "R's"
2. Use Energy, Water and Resource Efficient design,specification and construction methods:
3. Healthy indoor air quality (meets or exceeds US EPAvoluntary criteria)
4. Building has "Affordable" communitylocation and connectivity:
5. Development creates a sense of well being andcommunity in its neighborhood structure.
A socially healthy development will provide home buyers,local business, institutions and local governments with multiple pathways forcommunication, recreation, interaction, transportation, and in so doing helpsbuild true community and permit more effective management of environmental,social and interpersonal issues that may arise within the community. Benefitsinclude lower crime, higher property values, and better levels and utilizationof services provided through a healthy tax-base.
6. The home remains reasonably affordable and costeffective while accomplishing criteria one through five.
Shop by Keywords Above or by Categories Below.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|