WIND CHIMES MAKE GREAT GIFTS
In addition to an unused gift being a waste of time and money, it ends up being just plain waste - and we certainly don't need more of that! According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Americans generated about 250 MILLION TONS of trash in 2010 alone, and we recycled or composted about 85 million tons, or 34%, of this material. While this number is commendable, and infinitely better than our rates have been in the past, it suggests that a large percentage of our waste still ends up in landfills.
Therefore, we must all continue to do our part to cut down on this waste rather than increasing it: more than ever, we should use this holiday season to be proactive and environmentally-conscious in our gifting! This year, give a gift that you will feel good about for all the right reasons: it will be used every day and loved for years, and you'll know that it never needs to end up in a landfill!
High-quality, American-made aluminum wind chimes are a thoughtful, unique, and conscientious gift for any occasion! Conveniently available in a wide range of colors, designs, and sizes, you can find wind chimes that will suit anyone's space and style. Additionally, you will be supporting small and local businesses that promote American jobs, use recycled materials to create recyclable products, and employ green practices during their manufacturing processes.
Green in the Making
* Some of the finest brands of wind chimes are made in the USA every step of the process, from the raw materials to the finished product! The metal components of certain wind chimes are made of a premium aluminum alloy, and many American suppliers of this aluminum currently use at least 50% recycled materials in their overall production.
* For a more traditional look, you might choose a chime with wooden components. If so, choose one that is sourced and made in the USA, using wood from American lumber mills. Many of these mills are proud members of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining healthy, functioning forests. (Their standards include protection of biodiversity, species at risk and wildlife habitat; sustainable harvest levels; protection of water quality; and prompt regeneration of the forests.)
* Several wind chime manufacturers recycle 100% of post-industrial aluminum, cardboard, paper, plastic, etc. The chimes themselves are designed to be durable and weather-resistant, and they often come individually packaged in cardboard gift boxes that are also 100% recyclable.
As Your Gift is Enjoyed
* Wind chimes are designed to please all of the senses! In terms of looks, the choices are practically endless! With chimes small enough to fit above a typical porch rail, as well as chimes that are large enough to become a beautiful centerpiece in a vaster landscape, you can easily find a windchime that will fit whatever someone's outdoor space might be!
* Many high-quality chimes are also available in a variety of sizes and colors. Perhaps you are looking for a more rustic, classic look to blend in to the natural look of the yard - no problem! Or maybe you're looking for a brightly-colored chime in a more contemporary design - still a breeze! From these choices to everything in between, the chime you choose can truly reflect someone's personal style.
* In terms of sound, chimes that are made in America from the highest-quality materials cannot be beat! Hand-tuned chimes ensure the most exceptional tones and resonance, and your loved ones will smile and think of you with every gentle breeze.
What Happens at the End?
* Though these chimes are extremely durable and should last for many seasons, it's inevitable that even the best materials will eventually weather. Fortunately, in the event that the strings on your chime have worn through, many manufacturers offer an affordable restringing program to help extend the life of your chime!
* Then, when the day finally comes that it is time to say goodbye to the chimes, they needn't just get thrown them in the trash can! They can be recycled instead!
* Aluminum and "wood waste" are both defined by the EPA as a material that can and should be recycled at the end of its use. Aluminum, of course, is one of the most popular materials in recycling and one of the easiest to dispose of. But did you know that in addition to being biodegradable, wood is also recyclable? Recycled wood can be used as fuel, chopped into wood chips for industrial or residential use, or reprocessed into products such as particleboard.
We are always searching for the perfect gift - a gift that will show the receiver that we took the time to consider, and to show them how much we care about them. So the next time you are stumped, don't hesitate to choose a made in the USA garden gift such as these high-quality, aluminum wind chimes! With this one simple gift, your loved ones will know how much you care - about them, about sustaining American small business, and about protecting our beloved planet!
Written by: Amanda Rhoads, QMT Windchimes
Shop by Keywords Above or by Categories Below.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|