WHAT IS ECO FRIENDLY PRINTING
We started back in 1990 at the 20th anniversary of Earth Day. I saw Middle School Students celebrating Earth Day marching with signs printing clean energy, chlorine free and non toxic printing and using recycled papers. They also urged everyone to recycle their waste.
I also saw Fresh Kills Landfill in Staten Island being closed as the garbage was then 10 stories high and a major threat to planes flying over this landfill when landing at Newark Airport.
And, barges with our waste leaving NY harbors for distant cities as we were running out of places to put our waste.
I decided to follow these middle school kids and do something to help our Environment.
I felt if I became an Eco Friendly Printer, I would start by using the most environmental papers made. Those papers were 100% recycled grades, using only 100% Post Consumer Waste. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) set the standard Post Consumer Waste at only 30%. I chose to start at 100% PCW.
I found the first 100% PCW paper mill in Canada. The mill is Domtar Paper. The name of the first 100% recycled paper was Recycled Bond. It came in a gray color and a beige color and white.
The key to changing buying habits is Education. I needed to tell people why they needed to change from regular printing to Green Printing.
Here are a few reasons to change your buying habits.
1. Switching to 100% Post Consumer Waste Recycled Paper uses printed paper to make new paper. No Trees are used. And, the previous paper waste did not go to our overcrowded landfills.
2. Using Soy and Vegetable based Inks and 100% Non Toxic Toners eliminates toxic chemicals.
3. Green Star Energy is promoted. The paper mills use Solar Energy and Wind Energy to make the recycled papers and our plants feature Solar Energy, Recycling, and Wind Energy.
4. Greening Our Office campaigns use 100% PCW paper and Chlorine Free bleached papers.
5. We encourage reducing the use of Metallic Inks. They are toxic to your environment.
6. We promote Greener methods to stand your message out. Blind Embossing and normal Embossing and we have Textured Papers in 100% PCW. We just ran a line of Greeting Cards on a Felt Finish. The result is A higher perceived value for each card.
7. We are competitive while being Green. We buy our eco paper in volume and pass the savings on to our clients.
8. We eliminated Vinyl from our banners.
9. We offer Organic and Recycled T Shirts.
10. We have Environmental Window Clings.
11. We use paper that is Chlorine Free Bleached. Our papers are bleached with Oxygen or Hydrogen Peroxide and no Chlorine is used. Chlorine can create Dioxin which can cause Cancer. This deadly chemical can seep into our lakes and streams and rivers and poison our fish, our wildlife and us.
Our Specialties Include.
1. Recycled Greeting Cards and Wedding Cards. 2. Brochures 3. Booklets 4. Flyers 5. Pocket Folders 6. Posters 7. Banners 8. Wire Bound Bindery 9. Perfect and Saddle Stitch Bindery 10. Envelopes
And Direct Mail.
We encourage using EDDM or Every Door Direct Mail. You save almost 50% in postage alone.
You select the post office near you and the actual postal routes. You select the quantity. We set up the print design for free, and we print the postage indicia, and we deliver to the post office.
The postage is ONLY around 12 cents each. You donít need to buy a mailing list. Each postcard is 6 x 8 inches and we print 4 colors on both sides, and there is a protective coating on our 16 pt thick cards which are sturdy, and the post office delivers to Every Door that is on the postal route you choose.
This is a very inexpensive form of Direct Mail and you get cards everyday from local merchants and fund raisers.
Email blasts are not producing good results. A few hits from EDDM will pay for our setting this program up for you.
A test run of 1000 cards may cost you $750 in total to print and deliver to 1000 people. A 3-5% response makes this an affordable marketing strategy.
I have many other ideas in saving you money and being eco conscious.
Please call Greg at 973 224 1132 to help you fulfill all your green printing needs.
Written by: Greg Barber, Eco Friendly Printer
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|