ECO MATS MAKE SENSE AND CENTS
1. A 5’ scrapper runner outside the facility,
2. A 5’ scraper/wiper in the entranceway or inner suite or vestibule and
3. A final 5’wiper mat to trap any excess detritus material and liquid that may have escaped the first two mats.
You may ask, “Why is this so important?”
A high performance matting system in a facility that has foot traffic of 50 people entering and exiting the building twice a day (four times a day if they eat lunch outside the facility.) will prevent an average of 23 pounds of soil and other debris from entering that facility over a 1 year period. It costs on average $500.00 per pound to remove this soil and detritus material in harsh chemical cleaners and labor.
This is an average cost of approximately $11,500.00 per year. If your labor force or tenancy is greater than the numbers given here as an example, you will realize a corresponding cost savings.
Here are more side benefits of the High Performance system.
1. If you are required to fulfill a “green initiative” or your company has a “green mandate”, you can proudly show the HPMS as a huge factor in the reduction of the use of harsh, non-environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals.
2. “Slip and Fall” accidents cost money in potential lawsuits and lost labor. With an HPMS these are 100% preventable.
3. HPMS are more durable and generally have longer warranty coverage than an average entry mat or rental mat service.
4. Health considerations. Let’s face it, it is a messy world out there and people will put their feet on just about anything including where you sit, let alone where you eat.
Besides the reduction in eco footprints that the utilization of the matting system, eco mats in and of themselves can be counted among the best “bang for the buck” recycled products on the market. The backing is often made from the recycled rubber found in tires, whilst the top surface of the mat can be made out of recycled materials such as plastic bottles. In fact, many eco mats utilize between 90% to 100% post-consumer recycled products.
In this age of decreasing our ecological footprint and increased pressure to fulfill a green mandate, it becomes imperative that we utilize every tool in the shed to meet these goals. The layered defense is an oft overlooked, yet vital addition to the eco-friendly company’s toolbox. It helps on two very specific fronts; the use of recycled products and the reduced use of non-eco-friendly cleaning products. This is a true win–win for the eco warrior.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|