Were Rapunzel a modern princess, she would no doubt have a hard time keepingher locks lustrous. Luckily for her, she is supposed to have lived in timeswhen the forests were lush, the air was clean, and life was fairlyuncomplicated.
The problem with hair today is that it is besieged by enemies of all kinds.How long, after all, can a delicate strand withstand assault from mightyfoes like these:
* Autoimmune Disorders
* Thyroid Disease
* Prescription Drugs
Of course, scientists and product researchers are fighting back valiantly.Every month, if not every day, a new product is launched, a new drugresearched, and a new finding announced. The effort worldwide is to keephair from falling, thinning, graying, or even dulling. If you've beensuffering from chronic lock-loss, for example, you have a host ofhair-repair options to choose from, such as hormone replacement therapy,prescription drugs, hair transplant surgery, and non-prescription optionssuch as anti-fungal shampoos and irritation-soothers.
But each of these therapies/remedies has its drawbacks, ranging fromdangerous side effects to expense. So where does that lead you? "Straightinto the arms of ayurveda," says Vaidya Ramakant Mishra, Director ofResearch and Development at Maharishi Ayurveda. "In ayurveda, the solutionfor most hair problems is really quite simple. Give your hair tender lovinghomegrown care, every day. No side effects, no staggering expenses, no needto depend on someone else to restore your crowning glory. Just follow somebasic lifestyle tips, and you will soon own hair that turns heads."
Vaidya Mishra shares seven easy tips that will transform your locks fromlack-luster to lush:
* First, try to figure out why your locks are losing their sheen or volume.Sometimes, something as simple as a drop in daily temperatures can causehair to suffer. Cold weather slows down circulation, robbing the roots ofyour hair of essential nutrients. The solution is an energizing andcirculation-boosting pre-bath scalp massage with warm oil. Whatever theweather, oil works wonders for the health of your hair. Try almond, coconutor olive oil, gently warmed. Massage the scalp as well as the strands ofhair and leave the oil on for as long as you can before you shampoo.
* No amount of coloring or highlighting can hide the fact that your hair isless than healthy. Instead of looking for stopgap measures in expensivesalons, find alternative ways of removing problems like dandruff and hairloss at the root. Maharishi Ayurveda's Healthy Scalp herbal tablets, forinstance, contain Claradendron infortunatum, Eclipta Alba and othernourishing ayurvedic herbs that will nourish and heal your hair and scalp.It's a great way to start on the road to natural hair care. The HealthyScalp Shampoo also contains rich herbals to nourish and heal topically.
* The rich lather and strong fragrance of a regular shampoo no doubt feelgood. But most often, such products are laden with chemicals like sodiumlauryl sulfate, DEA, and/or propylene glycol. Unfortunately, even thosebrands that claim to be "natural" can contain some toxic substances. Thesolution is easy. Use shampoos and conditioners that are really and trulynatural. Wash and condition hair with Maharishi Ayurveda's range of herbalshampoos, which are free of chemicals, use only grapefruit as preservative,and are blended with pure aroma oils for healing fragrance. Choose one thatsuits your hair-type best.
* If you tend to grab greasy burgers for lunch and guzzle soda popsin-between meals, your hair is bound to give you away very soon. And whenyour locks are limp and lifeless, your whole approach to life can turnpessimistic. Counter the problem by paying attention to what you put insideyour body. Build small changes into your daily menu. Instead of popcorn, eatfresh fruit. Don't snack on candy: eat soaked blanched almonds instead. ReadMaharishi Ayurveda's newsletters for hundreds of ideas on fresh ways to cookwith fruits, vegetables and spices. Visit https://www.mapi.com to subscribe.
* Give your hair Amrit power. A balanced antioxidant rasayana, MaharishiAyurveda's Amrit is excellent nutritional support for both body and mind.The combination of the ingredients in Amrit Kalash is precise as a numberlock: they fit perfectly together to open the door to good health andradiant beauty. Amrit includes natural anti-oxidants-vitamins, betacarotene,polyphenols and bioflavonoids-in high concentrations. It also includes amyriad of substances not yet isolated and examined in the laboratory. Whensuch a synergy of herbs is at work, one of the first parts of your body tosignal the happy difference is your hair.
* Get good sleep, and enough of it. Ayurveda believes that mind, body andspirit are all intimately linked; therefore what is good for one is alsogood for other aspects of your life. Sleeping well will not only make youfeel rested, but also nourish your physiology from within. This means allareas of your being benefit: including your hair.
* See a vaidya (ayurvedic expert) if your hair problem is severe. Ayurvedicphysicians use the excellent technique of pulse diagnosis to determine yourindividual imbalances. Based on his or her findings, a vaidya will recommendthe kind of diet, herbs and general lifestyle that will rescue your tressesfrom distress.
Note: This ayurvedic info is educational and is not intended to replacestandard medical care or advice.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|