• Water-soluble, contains no waxes, oils, petrochemicals or hazardous substances
• Dirt doesn’t stick to surfaces, reducing the hazardous chemical usage
• Eliminates the need for many different finishing products, each of which might have hazardous components
• Invisible protective layer extends the usable life of assets and equipment reducing landfill and corresponding replacement costs
What is Nanotechnology?
Nano technology is any technology which operates at the nanometer scale. The prefix “nano” signifies the scientific notation for one-billionth of a meter, so a nanometer is one billionth of a meter. For comparison, a grain of sand measures one million nano metersacross; the average human hair is 80,000 nano meters in diameter. At this nano scale materials behave very differently than their large-scale parent particles. It is due to this sub-molecular level of functioning that enables these particles to penetrate so deeply into the surface, fill in all the microscopic fissures on surfaces and create an impenetrable seal that is capable of repelling dirt and grease. Finishing technology at this fine scale has the potential to have a dramatic impact in the cleaning industry in helping it reach its green goals.
Does Green Cleaning cost more than conventional products?
Often people think that green costs more and doesn’t work as well. Answering this question is not without a challenge, however if looking at the total costs of using a product, this is a myth that is not born out. To answer this question correctly one must look at all factors, such as:
1. How frequently the product must be applied?
2. Labor time cost reduction savings and benefits
3. Long term effectiveness of product as compared to traditional chemicals
4. What are hazardous chemicals doing to the long term deterioration of surfaces?
5. The costs of using hazardous chemicals: use, handling, disposal, plus worker health and safety costs, liability costs, and risks of indoor air contamination
Is the demand for green products a fad or part of a long term trend? Let’s look at the current data:
• 28% of organizations surveyed by TerraChoice report that their contracts for janitorial supplies require green cleaning products
• A recent survey by GreenBiz indicates that more than 40% of household consumers prefer eco-friendly cleaning products
• Another recent survey of corporate investment in environment, health and safety by GreenBiz: 83% said their 2010 spending will be equal to or greater than 2009, with 43% reporting an increase in spending
• A 2008 survey of 6,000 global consumers, conducted by Edelman, found that 87 % believed it was their “duty” to contribute to a better environment and that even in a recession, 55 % would pay more for a brand if it supported a cause in which they believed The green movement has now hit critical mass and there is no turning back, and CTA Products is proud to be a participant in this trend.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|