10 REASONS WHY
1. A life-sustaining complete food
• Provides 17 kinds of revitalizing amino acids, 13 vitamins, 10 minerals, fiber and over 100 types of enzymes.
• Dr. Charles Schnabel reported that 15 pounds of wheatgrass is equivalent to 350 lbs. of choicest vegetables in nutritional value.
2. Rich in Chlorophyll
• Chlorophyll helps support healthy blood circulation due to the similar chemical structure to the "heme" in the blood.
• Dr. Yashida Hagiwara, Tokyo, Japan, suggested that the human body can transform chlorophyll into hemoglobin thus increasing red blood cell count.
• Scientists J.H. Hughs and A.L. Latner of the University of Liverpool reported in the Journal of Physiology in 1936 that animals that became anemic through bleeding were able to speed up their hemoglobin regeneration by 50% when fed with raw unrefined chlorophyll.
3. Loaded with Antioxidants
• Rich in Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), a highly potent antioxidant enzyme that protects the DNA from free radical damage.
4. May help Stimulate Cellular Repair and Renewal
• Studies from UC San Diego show changes in the repair of damaged DNA when a compound from young grasses were introduced.
• The compound P4D1, a glycol-protein, may stimulate the repair of damaged DNA.
5. May help prevent Cancer
• Dr. Chiu-Nan Lai of the University of Texas Cancer Center reported that chlorophyll in wheatgrass juice may help inhibit the activity of carcinogens.
• Dr. Roderick Dashwood, University of Hawaii, confirms that chlorophyll may help shield the body from the effects of carcinogens from smoked meats and food molds.
6. May assist in wound healing
• In the American Journal of Surgery, Benjamin Gurskin, M.D., recommended chlorophyll for its antiseptic benefits. The article suggests that chlorophyll may help clear up foul-smelling odors, neutralize infections, heal wounds, and hastens skin grafting.
• Gahan, Kline & Finkle reported the benefits of chlorophyll in the treatment of gastrointestinal ulcers and colitis.
7. Good for internal cleansing
• Wheatgrass can help assist in adequate bowel movement and encourages elimination of toxins from the liver.
8. Has anti-inflammatory properties
• Dr. K. Kubota of the Science University of Tokyo found two glycol-proteins D1G1 and P4D1 which work alongside with SOD may have an even more potent anti-inflammatory effect than aspirin.
9. Good as deodorizer
• Dr. F. Howard Wescott reported that chlorophyll in wheatgrass, when taken in adequate quantities, may help reduce or eliminates offensive body and breath odors. His studies show it is even effective in neutralizing obnoxious bad breath due to food, beverages, tobacco, and metabolic changes.
10. A great alkaline food
• Wheatgrass has been called the king of alkaline foods. It is great as an alkalinizer and helps to keep the balance of your blood pH.
Among the numerous active ingredients found in wheatgrass, the enzyme stands out as the most important compound. It acts as a "catalyst" in the body. It can be said that "if there is no enzyme, there is no life". As we age, our body's ability to synthesize enzymes as well as the activity of enzyme diminishes. Supplementing our body with enzymes enhances cellular activity on top of increasing the inherent enzyme reserves in our body. SOD (Superoxide dismutase) is particularly important among various wheatgrass enzymes. It can effectively scavenge free radicals. Once the SOD reserve in the body drops, oxides induce pathological changes in cells and subsequently the cells lose their self-repair ability. SOD not only prevents various affluent syndromes, it slows down the natural aging process. SOD is an essential antioxidant in cell activation. Besides scavenging free radicals and eliminating toxins, wheatgrass enzymes break down excessive fat and protein. It can even help in reducing tumors and cysts.
Disclaimer: These statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and is for educational purposes only.
|CLEANING PRODUCTS||CLOTHING||COMPUTER PRODUCTS|
|ECO KIDS||ECO TRAVEL||EDUCATION|
|ENERGY CONSERVATION||ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES||ENGINEERING|
|NATURAL PEST CONTROL||NEW AGE||OFFICE|
|PROMOTIONAL RESOURCES||RECYCLED||SAFE ENVIRONMENTS|
|WHOLESALE||WOOD||HOW TO ADVERTISE|
|* * * IN-HOUSE RESOURCES * * *|
|WHAT'S NEW||ACTIVISM ALERTS||DAILY ECO NEWS|
|LOCAL RESOURCES DATABASE||ASK THE EXPERTS||ECO CHAT|
|ECO FORUMS||ARTICLES||ECO QUOTES|
|INTERVIEWS & SPEECHES||NON-PROFIT GROUPS||ECO LINKS|
|KIDS LINKS||RENEWABLE ENERGY||GOVERNMENT/EDUCATION|
|VEGGIE RESTAURANTS||ECO AUDIO/VIDEO||EVENTS|
|COMMUNICATIONS||WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING||ACCOLADES|